Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) is the discipline of overcoming organizational silos to realize a whole-team, whole-view approach to the software delivery cycle by coordinating lifecycle activities across requirements, design, project planning, change and configuration management, build, and quality management.
The five imperatives for an ALM according to this article are:
The key to Application Lifecycle Management is collaboration and transparency among all of the stakeholders, which is supported by an open, extensible, integrated platform.
- Maximize product value with In-context Collaboration to create a collective intelligence
- Accelerate time to delivery with Real-time Planning by riding the waves of ever changing project demands
- Improve quality with Lifecycle Traceability by surfing the web of linked lifecycle artifacts
- Refine predictability with Development Intelligence that helps you steer teams to successful, ontime delivery
- Reduce costs with Continuous Improvement